Wire has a long story
Wilhelm vom Hofe Drahtwerke GmbH was founded in Altena in 1868 and was managed for many years by the founder’s family. In 1927, the Wilhelm vom Hofe Drahtwerke GmbH was purchased by the businessman Dietrich Reinecke and his son Erwin.
Not long after this takeover came the first strategic acquisition. In 1932, the ENGELMANN Drahtseilfabrik GmbH in Hanover, which was founded in 1875, was the first business purchased. Rapid growth with new acquisitions followed, in 1934 the purchase of the DRAHTSEILWERK GmbH in Bremerhaven and in 1939 the purchase of the WADRA GmbH in Dortmund.
Erwin Reinecke died in 1974, and his wife took over the running of the company until her death in 1989. Following the wishes of the family, the Vom Hofe Group was transferred into a foundation, and since 1997 has been led by the Board of Trustees of the Erwin-Reinecke-Stiftung, the sole shareholder of Wilhelm vom Hofe Drahtwerke GmbH. Management of the business is carried out by external managing directors.
With the purchase of FRÖNDENBERGER Drahtwerk GmbH in 1994, the group was able to expand its range of steel wire and spring steel wire products.
In 1997, the production of ribbed expanded metal was expanded at RSM Putz- und Bautechnik Vertriebs- und Beratungs-GmbH in Sieglar. The former biggest competitor in the sector of ribbed expanded metal ideally complemented the location in Sieglar.